- Non-stop 36 Hours digital programming competition
- A total of 86 teams, from 16 states from all over India
- World’s biggest hackathon
- 698 problem statements under 26 Ministries
- Judges Panel from RT&H Ministry, AICTE & Persistent Systems
- PM Narendra Modi to interacted with participants on 1st April, 2017
“Swadeshi, economic and sustainable innovations is the need of the hour and we all must strive incessantly to achieve it”, asserted Shri Nitin Gadkari at the inauguration of Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon ’17, a pan Indian 36 hour nonstop digital programming competition, kickstarted at Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management, Nagpur to conduct this mega technical extravaganza.
The event at RCoEM, Nagpur was formally inaugurated by Shri Nitinji Gadkari, Hon’ble Union Minister, Ministry of Road, Transport & Highways, Government of India. He was welcomed by the Shri Chandrakantbhai Thakar, Vice Chairman, Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management. Shri Nitin Gadkari, spoke extensively on the theme ‘wealth from waste’ like biofuel, lithium battery, ethanol, etc. where he said that knowledge is the locus for futuristic development. He stressed on the fact that research and innovation is the need of the hour and students have a huge responsibility of coming up with sustainable and economically feasible solutions for the betterment of the countrymen.